Friday, July 16, 2010

Aprons, aprons and aprons

Hand Towel Apron

I went to the Dollar Tree and bought a pack of towels in their auto department. Took two and sewed them together lenghth wise.
Then folded them in half Lenghthwise. I measured my daughter from inside of each shoulder across her chest and from center chest to waist.
Then measured that lenth on the width of the top of the towels and pinned.
I then cut a tapered cut from top to waist.
Then I sewed on a cute ribbon and walla!!


I also added Velcro around the neck for multiple use and it was a little long on both my girls so i folded up the bottom and sewed and added ribbon to make it " fancy"!


Easy Cheesey 1/2 Aprons

I had so much fun with that one that I decided to make one for my Mom. I measured from my waist to mid thigh and then from hip to hip.
I added 1/2 inch to each measurement to allow for a 1/4 inch sew seam all the way around.
Then I added a pocket and some ribbon!

BOY APRON
I measured my son the same way as above. Wrapped a piece of fabric around him and added velcro for growth. Also after adding the pocket I sewed in some sections for pencils.

He Loves it!

TUTU APRON
I measured out the fabric top the same way as I did the afore mentioned aprons. I sewed on the pocket and sectioned off some spots for pencils. Then I hot glued on foam letters and shapes ( which she chose).

Then using a yard of toole, I sewed the tops and one side closed. The top is done with a loose stich that I could bunch up later.
In between the folded layers I stuffed sparkly ribbon. I have tried glitter and it tends to bunch together. but it does look pretty when not in a glob. Then I pulled the string together at the top to make the toole bunch.
I then sewed the top and tool together.
Added some fat ribbon for ties.
Happy Girl!

I'll post my denim aprons later....
Please tell me what you think!

1 comment:

  1. Jamie, these are so cute! I am going to have to have you make one for Kamlyn, she would love it! Seriously, you should sell these :)

    ReplyDelete