Thursday, July 22, 2010

The LORD's time...

Somedays I despise the LORD's time. Today did NOT go how I had planned. I had a school meeting in the am and a church visiting teaching meeting in the early afternoon. Joe had to close tonight so he was home most of the morning.
A few weeks ago, cheyanne mis-placed her iPod shuffle. This is pretty typical for her with all her things - as it is with most kids. Play with something, see something else entertaining, swap toys right where you are standing... Anyway toy one always shows up again. Right? No worries.
My sweet husband tends to forget that. Or doesn't have the patience to wait for toy one to show up again. As i do too some days. And he decided today that the iPod was to valuable for us to "just wait" for it to show up. And I am sure he wanted to motivate me to clean because I just haven't wanted to lately. So he put us all to work to find this iPod. And he threatened us with " no more fun for anyone til it's found". Honestly, I am still non- shall-ant about this. I " know" that it is in the house. I am sure all mothers know what kind of "know" I am talking about. The "gut" feeling... The sixth sense... Whatever.
Anywho, after an hour of looking here and there ( and joe's had to go to work by now) the girls and I are in their room and I get the ingenious idea that I can use this to teach them about prayer. So we all pause our efforts and I talk with them about feeling a prayer in your heart and letting the words come out. I said the prayer and we started looking again.
A 1/2 hour later, still no iPod. Now I am a little disappointed that no iPod has reappeared. But I keep telling the girls that God will help us -and is helping us. We just have to calm ourselves and be open to him. But inside, I am getting a little bit more pissy with every tick of the clock. Honestly people, I even said a few little chastising prayers including " heavenly father, I am
Trying to teach my kids about the power of prayer here! Your not helping!!". Seriously. HE missed a great & totally deserving opportunity for lightning bolts of humility.
My visiting teachers came and gave me a great lesson on strenghthing the family. Again - the Lord missed some great strike me down opportunities because I was sitting there thinking "I am trying! And I am trying to strengthen their faith in prayer and getting no support here!!" zap zap zap... But nothing Not one single inspiration.
Two hours later I has " fit to be tied". I had pulled tristin from his games, made him pray with us. Again. And I was not exactly using a calm sweet voice this time. Honestly... I was mad. I was angry that HE wasn't helping. It's a stupid little easy thing to pray for help for. He could just pop a picture into one of our minds. And poof! There. He helped me teach. If HE can do something as amazing as heal the sick, HE could help us find this iPod and help strengthen 4 faiths in the process. At this point I knew I had to step back so we went and did the shopping I needed to and ate dinner. We again prayed and commenced with looking. People I unhooked our sectional couch and had each piece on it's side cleaning& looking for this dumb thing. Cheyanne thought she left it at the doctors office a few weeks ago so i called them.
It's 630 now. We started the search at noon. I AM MENTALLY done. I sent the girls to their room to pull out every drawer and dump it and go thru every pant pocket. Tristin was sent to the closets to go through every jacket pocket. I had just finished going through the garage and my gardening shed in the backyard because at this point I don't even know. Beds were torn apart and remade. Furniture was moved and cleaned behind. Gadget drawers were reorganized. My house is pretty organized now. I even went thru my craft room. I moved the washer and drier people...
Then I walk into the spare/ barbie room. I check drawers and under everything.... Then I put my hand on the top corner of an armoire, look at my dogs and tell them I must have done something wrong. My Heavenly Father would not add a lost iPod to my overfilled plate right now. I must not have prayed right - or quieted my heart enough... And I must be needing to learn something. ( I am sure my husband is rolling his eyes about now... Actually any non- God believing person is... Especially as I finish this)
... As my hand is up there on that corner I close my eyes and take a few deep breaths. And start drumming my fingers- that always helps me focus... And I feel something hard so I get up on my tip toes. There I find a pile of hard dog jerky treats that I had used for luci in her puppy training class. And right behind that pile is the stinky iPod. 6 hours and 45 minutes after the search began. 5 hours-ish after the first over-confident prayer... I learned my lesson of patience, humility and prayers are answered in GODs time... Not mine. Dang it all... Not mine.
I went running up the stairs and all the kids jump around and are sooo excited. And Chey yells "prayer answered" and Keriana says " HE's listening".... And Tristin " hurray! Now we can go to Grandma's"....
Yes babies... You are right.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment